Thursday, August 14, 2008

8/14 Update on my Hydro Boost unit

Mechanical and electrical basic connections complete! The unit is operational and pumping gas into the intake manifold. I've installed a switch and an ammeter so I have some control, but the pulse width modulator hasn't yet been built or installed.

I hope to have milage results in a week or two. A couple of caveats: Since I've not yet put the PWM into the circuit, I'm not willing to let it run too hot; and I may have to move my injection port into the vacuum rather than between the filter and the throttle body.

Cold start up is 10 amps and I've seen it run up to 15 amps in a short time. Sunday I'll be driving a 60 mile round trip, so I may have to shut it off if the amps get too high due to thermal run away.

My project box arrived today so I'll start building the PWM ... hopefully that will be a realatively trouble-free activity.

No comments: